If you would like to be considered for a TelePT visit, here is what you need to do.
- Call our office to see if you are a good candidate for TelePT treatment or request an appointment via this link: Request an Appointment
- Once we have collected your contact information and set a date and time for your TelePT visit then you will need to download the Physitrack App on your smart phone. To set it up on your computer, you can click on this link:https://www.physiapp.com
If you are having trouble, please watch this helpful video: https://youtu.be/UN6l-G_Zj2c
- You must run this diagnostic test to make sure that your device is ready to connect: https://test.physitrack.com You need to make sure that your camera and microphone are given access to Physitrack.
- Then you will receive another email that says your therapist has developed an exercise program for you, but it's actually the intake survey. Use the access code to open this survey in Physitrack. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Please complete this form at least one day before your initial TelePT evaluation. All of this information will be securely transmitted to your Physical Therapist.
- At this point, someone from our office will contact you to conduct a test connection with Physitrack prior to your actual appointment. This is where we can help work out any issues so that your actual call with your Therapist will go smoothly.
- On the day of your TelePT visit, please be logged into the Physitrack App and/or have your email opened up at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- If you have not received the invite to accept the TelePT visit within 10 minutes of your scheduled appointment, then call our office.
- In case your connection is not working, we can always use another TelePT service called BlueStream as a back up.
- As a final back up, we can also call you on the phone.
- Make sure that you are in a quiet area, with your phone or computer set up in a way that we can see you. And now you are ready for a TelePT session.